So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Wednesday 5 September 2007

I need a holiday

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been "absent". It's been a bit crazy around here - family stuff. Not over yet but I thought I'd better check in before you all gave up on me.

I have made a snowflake.

It's a bit of a weird situation. Someone at simplysnowflakes wrote that they were having trouble with a pattern they'd gotten from a library book. No picture and they couldn't get the book again. They posted the first 2 rounds of the pattern (there are 3 in all) to see if anyone could make sense of it. This is what I came up with. Whether it's right or not I couldn't say but I thought it came out quite cute as is.

The question is, can I post the pattern? I'd say not, 'coz I haven't actually changed it, at least not intentionally, apart from making it 6 points instead of 8 and not working the last round.

I am set to go on holiday at the end of the month, thankfully, although the preparations for that will no doubt stress me out as well. I'm trying to take it easy until then.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 06 September, 2007 03:07, Blogger Sus said…

    Pretty flake! I like it just the way it is -- next round? We don't need no stinkin' next round!

    Things have been busy here, too, so I totally understand and I would never give up on you! Hope you have fun on holiday -- where are you going?

    Oh, btw, I'm probably not going to get to mail you package until next week -- do you think it will make it before you go on holiday?

     
  • At 06 September, 2007 21:06, Blogger jmk said…

    Hi Sus,

    We're off to Vancouver WA for two weeks to see my stepdad and his "intended" {grin} (my mom died in 2001). The tickets were his Christmas present to us, long before he popped the question so it's worked out nicely.

    Packages usually take about 5-7 days to get here and we're not leaving until the 21st, so next week should be just fine, TYVM!

     
  • At 10 September, 2007 20:28, Blogger Cerridwen said…

    can you e-mail it. I think it would be fun to make some and give it to my family here in Africa. They have never seen a snow flake

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands