So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Friday 2 March 2007

FGX

That's the Friendship Granny Exchange to you. No, not a swap of elderly female relatives but an excuse to whip up loads of crocheted granny squares and trade them with other granny square enthusiasts. In time you'll have received enough colourful squares to make yourself a unique and beautiful afghan.

This particular exchange is hosted by Crochet Partners. Details of how the exchange works can be found here (and there's a great picture of an FGX afghan).

I joined in January and so far I've sent 2 squares:

This one went off to Florida, USA. (#71 from Leisure Arts "99 Granny Squares to Crochet")









And this one went all the way to Queensland, Australia! (designed by crochetroo)








And I've received this one:

I love the little rose motif. This one came from Queensland, but not from the same person I sent mine to.








This is the sort of thing I get excited about. If the thought of little bits of yarny love jetting around the globe excites you too then join up! I'd love to send you a square.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 03 March, 2007 02:01, Blogger Sus said…

    Nice squares! The penguin one is indeed very cute. I saw this swap and thought it looked like great fun -- if I had more time. Oh well. I'll live vicariously through your pics! Thanks for sharing them!

     
  • At 03 March, 2007 06:19, Blogger Sharon said…

    Hey, thanks for the FGX "plug!" You're off to a great start!

    Sharon
    (For information about the exchange, click here)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands