So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 1 January 2007

1st on the 1st of the 1st

Here's my very first Snowflake Mondays snowflake of 2007 - pre-stiffening* and blocking. This is one of the simplest patterns and yet it's my favourite of the flakes I've made so far (sorry - this one's not online).

I also made a "new" snowflake today - I'll post a picture when it's been blocked. Two down, 49 to go!


*For those who like to know about these things, I use a roughly 50/50 white glue and water mix.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10 January, 2007 20:42, Blogger Honeybane said…

    OH MY GOSH! You're an EXPERT! WOW! Thanks for the link to your blog! I'll keep the pictures and the patterns if you don't mind. Wow... hope I can do as well one day. :)

    Angela from Crochet grp

     
  • At 10 January, 2007 21:26, Blogger jmk said…

    You're too kind, Angela! I don't know about "expert" but I've been crocheting for over 30 years and been making doilies for almost as long. Snowflakes are just mini doilies. The scariest part was stiffening the first one. I was so afraid I was going to ruin it, LOL!

    You're very welcome to the patterns - I hope you'll post some pictures of the results back at CrochetSnowflakes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands